Fancy week 37 picture: I felt a little like a fairy!
I have to stop and tell you about the wonderful photographer that took my maternity pictures. Her name is Hannah Quintana and she is spectacular in every sense of the word. She is a lifestyle photographer and shoots pictures here in Los Angeles, but also travels for her clients. I loved working with her, she put up with all my preggo hormones and is extremely flexible. I never felt like we were rushed throughout the shoot, and she really made me feel beautiful, even though I really felt like I was posing about in a fat suit.
If you are in the market for any photography needs in the LA area, she's an excellent choice and I cannot tell you how amazing she is.
Plus, she is an Air Force Veteran and now a fellow military spouse. Seriously, what is not to love about her?! I'm just glad she made her fabulous talent of being a photographer, a full time career!
When you hit the 9th month, you really start thinking of different ways to serve the eviction notice.
Things to help induce labor that i've read:
- Continue to be active... I walk my Greta dog twice a day for about an hour collectively.
- Sitting on a yoga ball, I've purchased one.
- Eating pineapple... I have read that many women eating pineapple and then going into labor? What is in the pineapple, where this works? I might start eating pineapple next week.
- Of course eating spicy food, I have been eating this my entire pregnancy, don't know how true this is. I know it's supposed to release prostaglandins to help labor start.
- Yoga poses like Cat/Cow. I have already been doing this for the past couple of weeks, if anything it really helps your lower back that is probably already shot at this point.
- Evening Primrose oil ingesting orally. Haven't tried it, but I know with the abundance of hippie stores here, I can find it.
- Red Raspberry leaf tea. I actually will try to start drinking this next week. This stuff tones your uterus and helps with the starting of contractions. A lot of women swear by it.
- FOOT MASSAGE and really just massage in general. I'm doing this STAT.
- Ahem... Doing the Deed.
- Nipple stimulation... I actually read that women will start using their breast pump and cause them to go into labor. I don't think i'm crazy enough to try this yet.
Moms: Anything you swear by?! I'm always so interested to know how people go into labor naturally!
I'm convinced this child is just going to burrow into my uterus and never come out.
I had been having on and off contractions for the past week and let me tell you, there were sometimes when I actually thought this was it.
I WAS WRONG.
I did go to the doctor and she told me I was 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced. UGHHHHHH!
Well let's just say false contractions don't do a thing for you!
Things i'm tired of people telling me and that I will never tell a preggo ever again:
- She will come when she wants/ready. duh. If one more person tells me this, i'm going to lose it.
- Maybe you should walk more. Maybe you shut the hell up. I know this. When I walk it feels like a bowling ball is between my legs, it's so uncomfortable.
These are all mom problems and I should really stop complaining. I'm really glad that Allie is healthy and still thriving, there are so many moms out there that wish they had this situation.
I just really want to love this girl on the outside!
Cravings: OREOS. CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM.
Aversions: Hahaha. I'm eating everything these days.
Sleep: Still sleeping like a pro, getting in my usual 11 hours. I know how important this is and i'm soaking it all up!
One perk of Allie not making an early appearance, hanging out with this guy!
Dan has been one of my best friends since I can't even remember when. He made the time to come out and see me and I couldn't be more thrilled.
They say if you are friends with someone for 7 years, you'll be friends for life.
I know this will always be true for us.